The Proplug Welding Pig has been specially developed to create an inert atmosphere in the pipeline during the construction. The pig allows pipe welding to be carried out prior to laying land based pipelines or on vessels prior to placement subsea. Two types of welding pig are available:
1. Mid-Line Pig, Designed to be piggable following completion of tie-in weld.
2. End-Line Pig, Designed to be retrieved (by hand) following completion of tie-in weld.
- Suitable for pipelines 6” and above
- Utilises PRO-CORE high pressure inflatable tyre system for up to 5Bar pressure holding.
- Seals Made in-house from solid polyurethane
- Capable of large inflation (expansion)
- Modular design with no internal hosing for enhanced integrity
- Independent tyre inflation / control(from rear or through root gap)
- Purge gas exhaust system
- High temperature materials used for sealing tyre
- Utilises conventional pigging technology (Seals & Guides)
- Standard body construction is Stainless Steel
- Optional non-metallic pig to allow post-weld radiography operations
- Tyre pressure relief system to minimise pigging pressure
- All pigs supplied with operating ancillaries such as: C-Plates, Lances (Purge & Inflation)
- Special units available to traverse pipeline restrictions, multi diameter systems, bends and wye pieces